As another year comes to an end, a few of our staff have once again put together a film themed quiz, that we enjoyed during our Christmas party. Give it a try and see how much film/TV knowledge you’ve gained during 2018. Good luck!
(Answers at the end – But no cheating!)
1. In the film Loving Vincent, a team of 100 painters created how many different oil paintings for the animation?
2. Where was Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri filmed?
a. Ebbing, Missouri
b. Sylva, North Carolina
c. Springfield, Missouri
5. What accent does Jennifer Lawrence attempt in Red Sparrow?
7. Jigsaw was released this year. Which instalment in the Saw franchise is it?
8. What is the name of the latest stop motion animation from Wes Anderson?
a. Isle of Dogs
b. I Love Dogs
c. Island of Dogs
9. Which actor plays Scott Lang in Ant-Man and the Wasp?
a. Michael Douglas
b. Paul Rudd
c. Bradley Cooper
10. Which film is this still from?
12. Blade Runner 2049 was the long-awaited sequel to Blade Runner, 35 years after the original film’s release. Who wrote the novel the original film is based on?
a. Arthur C. Clarke
b. Philip K. Dick
c. Ray Bradbury
13. The Death of Stalin is a political farce about the Soviet leader’s death and funeral in 1953. What was Joseph Stalin’s official cause of death?
c. Gunshot wound
14. What is the last installment in the Sharknado franchise called?
a. It’s Finally Over
b. It’s About Time
c. Please Make it Stop
15. Use the images below to find the title of a film:
16. In his new film, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Tom Cruise made headlines for having performed all his own stunts for the film including a free fall from a military place from 25,000 feet. How old did he turn this year?
20. Which of these is NOT a real Hallmark Christmas film synopsis?
a. A group of adults from different parts of the country have sworn off partaking in holiday events. Two of those people are Molly and Jared. Upon arriving at their destination, they discover it’s a Christmas themed ranch. With no flight out until after Christmas, the group ends up staying. The Christmas activities eventually melt everyone’s cynical hearts and Molly and Jared’s love blossoms.
b. Riley lands a job with a wealthy New York City entrepreneur. He’s a bad-boy socialite type poised to play Scrooge by closing one of his factories just before Christmas, which would devastate an entire town. It’s left to Riley to talk him out of it and turn him into a man of virtue rather than shame.
c. Too busy climbing the corporate ladder, Rachel has never had much time for Christmas spirit – until a quirk of fate brings Blaine into her life. Alone for the holidays, Blaine fills the empty space in his life by dedicating himself to filling others with Yuletide cheer. Together, Rachel and Blaine help one another to discover that Christmas is, truly, the happiest time of the year.
1.c 2.b 3.c 4.a 5.a 6.a. James Franco b. Tommy Wiseau c. Tommy Wiseau d. James Franco 7.a 8.a 9.b 10.Hereditary 11.c 12.b 13.a 14.b 15.Call Me By Your Name 16.c 17.a 18.a 19.c 20.c